Our experienced investment advisors consider each client’s unique situation as well as the changing financial markets in developing investment strategies tailored to meet the client’s financial goals.
We have earned a strong reputation for offering our clients the highest quality of customized asset allocation strategies.
We provide our clients with the tools they need to understand their individual risk and return profiles and to develop strategic, long-term asset allocation programs. Our successful investment approach is based on four fundamental principles:
Asset Allocation: Providing Diversification
- Long-term performance is overwhelmingly influenced by strategic asset allocation. Studies show that more than 90% of a portfolio’s performance can be attributed to its asset allocation.
- Asset allocation requires an array of investments each representing one of the major asset classes. Diversification is more than stocks and bonds — it’s knowing how much to allocate to each asset class, and having an array of asset classes to provide diversification. We have identified asset classes that will allow the asset allocation process to effectively diversify and give exposure to various investment styles and objectives within the broad categories of stocks, bonds and cash.
- Specialized expertise is required and disciplined investment objectives must be maintained to manage an asset allocation program. It has become increasingly rare to find a successful money manager who attempts to manage more than one specific investment style. Rather, top-performing money managers tend to direct their energies and expertise toward mastering one specific segment of the market. Keystone believes that asset allocation can be best achieved through the selection of highly accomplished independent investment managers to manage each asset class.
- Continuous monitoring of each manager is essential to ensure strict adherence to the investment objectives of each asset class.
- We monitor each manager’s performance and investment style for adherence to the objectives of the assigned asset class and for the results produced in comparison with the performance of that asset class as a whole. Since our asset allocation process utilizes independent portfolio managers, we can be completely objective in the review and selection of fund managers for each investment style. If warranted, we can replace a fund or managers. This structure enables us to respond effectively to investment concerns without undue disruption to your asset allocation choices.
Building: Working with You to Build Your Future
Our Financial Consultants create strategies that enable you to achieve your short- and long-term goals, from investing for your children’s college education to planning for a comfortable retirement.
We take a comprehensive approach to wealth management that begins with understanding your financial situation, unique needs and goals, and delivers an integrated investment solution designed to meet them.
In addition to offering traditional stocks, bonds and mutual funds, we offer a comprehensive range of solutions for our clients, including:
- Complimentary Asset and Portfolio Reviews offer a detailed understanding of your financial status. These complimentary reviews encompass such elements as asset allocation, education, retirement and estate planning and life insurance. Following an analysis of your goals, risk tolerance and other factors, we produce a comprehensive report that details your net worth and provides recommendations for meeting your short- and long-term objectives. We analyze current your portfolio using a wide range of research resources and provide recommendations for aligning your investments with your goals.
- Managed Programs provide affordable access to some of the most experienced and respected money managers in the country. These programs include portfolio review consultations based on a detailed analysis of your goals and risk tolerance. Our investment experts use this analysis to recommend a model asset-allocation plan and then build a personalized portfolio using a variety of mutual funds and exchange traded funds (ETFs).
Preserving: Preserving a Lifetime of Hard Work
Working closely with our clients, Keystone develops strategies for preserving and growing their assets. With a detailed knowledge of our clients, we can recommend personalized approaches for minimizing income taxes, determining insurance needs and protecting your wealth.
Wealth preservation solutions include:
- Income tax and estate matters
- Liquidity needs and portfolio management
- Insurance Programs
Transferring: Creating a Legacy
You have worked hard to establish a career and create financial security for your family. Keystone will work closely with you to help your family and the charitable organizations that are important to you benefit from the legacy you’ve created.
We can assist you, your estate attorney, and your tax advisor in all aspects of developing and managing a personalized estate plan. Our areas of expertise include:
- Estate, insurance, and tax planning to ensure that your goals are accomplished in a strategic manner that maximizes the value of your assets.
- Private business succession planning, from preparing for a successful transfer to employees, heirs, or outsider buyers to ensuring continued business growth.
- Family trust and transfer strategies to accomplish your goals, provide consistent management of your assets, ensure future support for your heirs, fund your charitable intentions and minimize taxes.
- Philanthropic planning assistance tailored to individual needs, including charitable remainder trusts, gifts involving life insurance, tangible-asset gifts, split interest vehicles, and private foundations.
Our primary concern is your family’s long-term interests; we will work with you to determine the best options for passing your legacy on to your family.