Consulting for Health Care
“We create operational value whether at your corporate and regional offices, individual facilities or with specific service lines.”
- Strategic design
- Master planning
- Facility assessment
- Implementation plans
- Site selection
- Security consulting
- Risk assessments
- Risk mitigation plans
- Implementation plans
- Hospital planning
- Hospital designing
- Hospital consultancy
- Senior Living Facilities
- “Green Hospitals”
- Doctor exchange Program
- Medical Center Partnerships
- Academic Medical Centers
- Community Hospital Consulting
- Clinic, Ambulatory, & Sub-acute Facilities
- Critical Access Facilities
- Nursing Operations & Resources
- Project Planning
- Design and Construction
- Assist Gov. Agencies & Healthcare Orgs
Academic Medical Centers
Keystone consultants navigate your academic affiliations and relationships along with your complex service offerings to improve communications and operational efficiency. Services include:
- Design and implementation of funds flow model for academic medicine (education, research, clinical care);
- Strategic planning to bridge medical school and clinical enterprise (hospital, physician practices).
- Design and implementation of novel physician compensation models to leverage clinical enterprise within academic framework.
- Strategy to deploy translational medicine and to differentiate clinical programs.
Community Hospital Consulting
We improve your facility and department management through hospital consulting to help ensure optimal patient care and financial stability.
We bring specific expertise in developing strategies for linkages between community hospitals to academic medical centers or other tertiary/quaternary providers and to bring value to all participating entities.
- Design and implementation of funds flow models to support development of integrated delivery system that links community hospitals, free-standing ambulatory centers, and tertiary/quaternary institutional providers.
- Specific advice and support for limited access providers of care with emphasis on developing and rural markets.
Clinic, Ambulatory and Sub-acute Facilities
Keystone consultants apply our broad range of clinical and managerial healthcare consulting experience to ensure your organization’s success.
- Design and implement robust strategy to create a clinically integrated network across entire spectrum of care: primary care, pre-hospital, acute care, post-acute, sub-acute, and long-term care and assisted living facilities. Our approach is to design and support development of a fully integrated environment of care that addresses the full spectrum of patient and family needs.
Critical Access Facilities
Keystone consultants work with your organization to address operational issues and improve financial performance.
Nursing Operations & Resources
- Clinical and operating performance improvement including expertise in lean design and six sigma process improvement.
- Design and implement best-in-class models for nursing leadership, staffing, and clinical care.
- Develop and strengthen institutional relationships to educate and train nursing leadership and clinical nurses.
- Experience in development of academic programs for nursing education.
- Experience in developing nursing education and training programs in multicultural environment.
- Expertise in labor management systems, processes, and best practices .
- Experience in developing mid-level provider and physician extender models for care.
- Vision statement, description
- Market and demand analysis
- Strategic differentiation
- Physician recruitment and manpower planning (including demand projections)
- Pro Forma capital, operating budget development
- Develop “steady state” income statements (other financial statements)
- Real estate acquisition process
- Develop master (facility) plan and design
Design and Construction
- Pre-qualify professional team and vendors
- Select construction delivery methodology
- On-boarding of consultants
- Manage bid and award process
- Define clinical best practice
- Assess applicable regulatory processes
- Develop “all-in” capital project budget
- Develop fixed (capital) project budget
- Develop rolling stock equipment (capital) budget
- Value manage budgets for design and construction
- Oversight, management of design
- Oversight, management of construction
- Oversight of construction sign-off
- Specify equipment, disposable stock inventory
- Specify revenue cycle systems, processes
- Specify clinical IT platform, EMR system
- Workflow design: operating, clinical, financial
- Develop support department staffing plans
- Develop unit-specific staffing plans
- Recruitment, on-boarding and training staff
- Define supply chain system, processes
- Acquisition and procurement process:
- Medical and non-medical equipment
- Equipment installation
- ITS integration
- Application licensing and installation
- Recruit, train first generation staff
- Recruit, orient first generation physicians
- Simulation drills of operation
- Develop go-live management plan (checklist)
- Oversee, manage go-live of facility
- Validate operating performance
Assisting Government Agencies and Other Healthcare Organizations
Keystone consultants provide project management and healthcare consulting services in a wide array of healthcare-related areas
Competent to develop linkages to medical schools and academic medical centers to create new opportunities for graduate medical training, clinical clerkships, physician and non-physician mentoring programs, distance learning and support.